Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: AEM short ram whistling

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Karnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2000
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I just installed my AEM short ram last weekend, and I like the throttle response. However, at a slow acceleration around 2000-2500 rpm, there is a whistling sound (not the sucking sound when I do WOT).

    I think it has something to do with the small opening of the throttle body at that RPM, because even without any filter or tube, it makes the same sound

    The sounds is not that bad, just noticable and I am wondering if anybody else has the same experience.

    Do anybody has any idea how to eliminate this whistling?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner 96IntegraRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    657
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have had the same problem for a year... it's definitely the throttle body, and I couldn't hear it w/ the stock intake, but it's loud w/ a short ram.

    I just learned to deal with it (by the way I think it sounds neat) it's not a detrement to performance though.

    To answer your question: I have no friggin' idea on how to quiet it. smile

    Chuck

    ------------------
    96 Integra RS w/JRSC @ 9psi (Thanks Endyn)
    JR BTC, ST Rear SwayBar, Eibachs, 15" Eneki's,
    mad girlfriend, no money, Mugen and DC stuff.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Curto's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine does it too. Everything is fine. Don't worry about it. smile

    ------------------
    ********************************
    97 Acura GS
    JRSC (6psi)
    Walbro Fuel pump
    CarTech FPR
    MSD 6AL ignition, coil, distributor, wires
    APEX AFC
    DC Headers
    DC Exhaust
    CAI
    AEM Cam Sprockets
    Jet Racing ECU

    Rice burning Sleeper
    San Jose, CA

  4. #4
    Inactive Member redline8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have one too and I thought it was from the funnel on the inside of the filter,on the old ones you could adj the cone/funnel so it sits on the back of the filter, But I think the new ones come as one piece? Just me to cents.
    Please correct me if Im wrong.
    nick

    ------------------
    95 GSR 4-DR Greddy exhaust and header, AEM CaI, Field Vtec controller, Power slots and metal axxis pads.
    Eibach Pro springs, Tokico illuminas, Progress 22mm rear sway bar.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, mine did it too when I had my JRSC on my D16.

    Just whistle back at it. smile

    Tom

  6. #6
    Inactive Member nicherw's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2000
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It does it on my Weapon-R intake as well. As 96IntegraRs said, it will not do it with your stock intake. You might pick up a litlle top end power with your stock intake. I love my short ram, the whistle reminds me whats under the hood biggrin

    ------------------
    94 Civic EX/JRSC @6psi/CS Stage II Clutch/Fidanza Flywheel/IHE/STR Cam Gear/B&M short throw and plenty other mods.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •